Rectangular or round, big or small, getting the best metal pizza peel will help you make great pizza for your friends and family.
Its name, “peel,” is derived from the Latin word “pala,” which means spade. Like a spade, the appliance easily slides underneath the pizza wheel, picks it up, and places it in the oven.
The units come with different features to satisfy different requirements. This wide-range of variety makes it possible for you to get the best one for your needs.
Following is an in-depth review of the top five best metal pizza peels.
Top 5 Metal Pizza peels At A Glance
Here is a short list of 5 metal pizza peels. You can check Price, customers reviews and product information from the link bellow. On the other hand you will see product reviews in my reviews section.
What is a metal Pizza peel?
Metal pizza peels, also known as baking peels, are paddle-like appliances for moving pizzas from the worktop to your oven or grill and back again. They are designed to be thin enough to slide underneath the pizza wheel and pick them without deforming the structure and shape.
The peels come in different shapes and sizes to suit different pizza types. But unlike wood pizza peels, these units are made from aluminum materials and are therefore quality and durable. You’ll find them easy to use and wash, making your overall pizza-building experience smooth, fun, and exciting.
Generally, your work surface will significantly affect the type of metal pizza peel to buy. For instance, if you’re working with a regular grill, consider purchasing a short-handed pizza peel as they facilitate easy and safe picking and placing the pizzas on your oven. Cool marble or granite surfaces are excellent surfaces that will allow the use of any metal pee. However, if you’re using the standard laminate worktop, consider using the wooden pizza peel as it will serve you better.
- Best pizza peels reviews and buying guide.
- How to use a pizza peel
- How to keep pizza from sticking to stone
5 Best metal pizza peels reviews
1. Chef Pomodoro Aluminum Metal Pizza Peel
POMODORO’s Metal Pizza Peel is creatively crafted to help the home chef and artisan bakers bake some delicious pizza. The manufacturer designed the unit with performance in mind; it will withstand high temperatures but still give a uniformly cooked pizza.
Use this to build on and transfer the pizza into the oven. Its large surface area lets you roll the pizza size of your choice.
Constructed with robust aluminum metal, the metal pizza peel boasts a commercial-grade rigidity. This incredible strength subdues heat and prevents warping, giving the unit lifetime durability.
The foldable design of the 11-inch wooden handle comes in handy during storage; fold the handle inwards and store it in your minimum space.
The paddle gives it an aesthetic appeal, which makes it a perfect addition to any kitchen décor.
Verdict: The quality construction and guaranteed durability of thePOMODORO’s Metal Pizza Peel explains its exceedingly high price. This best-rated metal pizza peel would be an excellent choice for any baker looking to get the value out of their hard-earned money!
- Solid construction
- Easy to use and clean
- Foldable and space-saving wooden handle
2. SPLENDR Aluminum Metal Pizza Peel
Preparing pizza could never be such a more leisurely affair with the SPLENDR Aluminum Metal Pizza Peel! This kitchen appliance is an excellent choice for newbies and experienced cooks alike! And so, here’s an opportunity to impress your family with delicious homemade pizza!
Like POMODORO’s Metal Pizza Peel, the unit also comes with a foldable handle design that makes storage a breeze. It could easily fit any storage space. Its poor heat-conducting all-natural oak wood construction allows you to hold the peel even when exposed to high temperatures.
You’ll be happy to know that the unit carries versatility and convenience at heart. It is perfectly compatible with the three standard commercial pizza accessories and ovens, including Green Egg, Pizzeria Pronto, and Mastercraft!
And unlike wood pizza peels, with a high maintenance cost, this product boasts a commercial-grade aluminum paddle that is easy to clean by hand. The metal doesn’t attract fungus, mold, or bacteria but remains spotless when well maintained.
But if not for you, why not surprise your pizza enthusiast friend with this pizza peel? The stylish package makes it the perfect gift option for any occasion.
Verdict: The world-class quality ofSPLENDR Aluminum Metal Pizza Peel offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee. It does not make any compromises on quality.
- An excellent choice for homemade Pizza enthusiasts
- High-quality thanks to the highly durable construction
- It is the perfect gift option for any occasion
- The perfect gift option for any occasion
- Foldable, space-saving handle design
- It can only work optimally if you hold the handle with both hands
3. Metal Pizza Peel Set
If quality and versatility are your main concerns, be sure to check out this Metal Pizza Peel Set! The package includes a stainless steel pizza cutter, sharp metal rocker blade, and wooden handle.
The blade makes it easy to slice through the pizza crust without pushing aside your pizza toppings. The thin metallic plate lets you slide pizza smoothly in or out of the oven.
It boasts a commercial-grade aluminum body for durability. This feature also makes it easy to use and hand-clean.
One unique feature is the metal knob adjust-swivel that locks the foldable handle. This way, you’ll have a comfortable grip with no hand burns, even at high temperatures.
Furthermore, the handle’s foldable design gives the peel the perfect size to store in any kitchen. It is 12’’ by 25’’ when the handle is fully extended but folds compactly to 12’’ by 14’’. You can also use the leather rope on its handle to hang the pizza peel for easy access.
The Metal Pizza Peel Set would be the perfect practical gift for any pizza enthusiast.
Verdict: When it comes to versatility, you’ll love to know that the unit also transfers pastries, bread, pie, cakes, and other confectionaries to and from your BBQ grill or oven.
- Perfect gift set
- Versatile and multi-functional
- Its handle has a foldable design
- Commercial-grade aluminum body for durability
- Set includes all you need to start preparing your pizza
- None from customers
4. DUYKQEM Aluminum Metal Pizza Peel
The stylish packing box of the DUYKQEM Aluminum Metal Pizza Peel is enough to attract you! But if it doesn’t impress you, the inside content certainly will!
This metal pizza peel is a durable, high-grade oven-friendly accessory that comes ready to take your baking skills to the next level.
The slider paddle and adjustment knob are all made of commercial-grade aluminum. The foldable paddle lets you quickly move the folding handle between storage and use modes. Furthermore, the paddle offers a large surface area for building and transferring all manner of confectionaries to and from the grill, GGQ, or oven.
This appliance is compatible with Uuni 3, most commercial pizza accessories and ovens, Mastercraft, Green Egg, Pizzeria Pronto, etc.
On the other hand, the 13’’ handle comes with an ergonomic all-natural oak wood construction for convenience in use. The handle will keep your hands from burning. You can use the leather rope to hang the peel for easy access.
Verdict: DUYKQEM Aluminum Metal Pizza Peel lets youunlock the pro chef in you and impress your family with the best homemade pizza! Investing your money in this set gives you an aluminum spatula paddle, stainless steel rocker cutter set, and foldable handle. The pizza-making tools that you’ve been longing for!
- Perfect as a cake lifter
- compatible with Uuni 3
- Wide paddle for building and transferring baked goods
- Easy to use and store
- 100% money-back guarantee
- You’ll need to remove the handle if planning to put it in the oven to bake your pizza
5. DUYKQEM Aluminum Metal Pizza Peel Spatula Paddle with Foldable Wood Handle
Another one from DUYKQEM! The renowned brand that you can trust for your best metal pizza peel set!
The slider paddle and adjustment knob are all made of high-quality commercial-grade aluminum material. This durable construction is the value for your money!
The all-natural oak wood foldable wooden handle with leather rope will offer you a firm grip. It also ensures your hand doesn’t burn when working with your oven at high temperatures.
The stylish packaging box makes this choice a fantastic gift option for any occasion. That means you can surprise your friend(s) with this set and let their cooking skill move a notch higher!
Like its sibling, the unit is compatible with Uuni 3; Mastercraft, Green Egg, Pizzeria Pronto, etc. You can also use it on your BBQ, oven, or grill.
Verdict: The DUYKQEM Aluminum Metal Pizza Peel lets you bake your homemade pizza like the chef pro that you are. No compromises on performance – you can now transfer your pizzas, bread, or other baked goods with confidence using the paddle.
- Perfect as a cake lifter
- Foldable design for effortless usage and storage
- Easy to switch between the use and storage modes
- 100% money-back guarantee
- Fantastic gift option for any occasion
How to Choose Metal Pizza Peel.
Having understood each model’s merits and demerits above, you can now get the best pick for your needs and preferences. Following are the factors to consider when choosing the best metal pizza peel:
- Ease of Use – Consider how easy the peel can move around. Does it perform its tasks effectively and efficiently while allowing you to enjoy a smooth baking experience? The peel should be thin enough to allow ease in getting underneath the pizza while cooking or taking it out of your oven.
- Ease of Cleaning – Also, evaluate how easily you can clean up the unit while noting its appearance after use and cleaning. Is it machine or hand-washable? While cleaning the metal pizza peel, be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Durability – The peel’s quality of materials and construction will determine its durability status. The appliance should withstand pressure, wear, and damage even at high oven temperatures. If it can last over time and resist wear, breakage, and deterioration, go for it!
- Handle – You’ve probably noted that all our models are designed with all-natural oak wood materials. A comfort-grip handle makes it easy and safe to transfer the pizza from the work surface to the oven and back. However, the length of these handles differ. A longer handle will keep the heat away from your hands but might be tricky when it comes to maneuverability. Therefore, it is advisable to go for foldable medium-sized handles; they are still safe to reach inside the oven, easy to maneuver, and offer a space-saving storage design.
- Size – Consider buying a metal peel that offers a broader and larger surface. Using smaller peels could be frustrating as they offer limited space when baking giant pizzas. The largest pizzas may require a 14’’-15″ peel, and so, you can aim at that.
- Surface – Most metal peel surfaces are made from either aluminum or stainless steel. These surfaces are hygienic and will not rust or corrode. They are also durable and may not easily break or be damaged as the wooden peels.
Why should you use the metal pizza peel?
Pizza peels will help build your baking good, maintaining its shape, and place it on the oven or grill. The units facilitate an easy slide of the good onto your intended surface while preserving its moisture and structure. Otherwise, using bare hands for all these tasks would be impossible with a deformed pizza wheel as the results. The peels also come with a long handle that can reach the oven’s furthest end without risking burns on your hand.
How to Use a Metal Pizza Peel
Uncooked pizzas are flexible and could be tricky to transfer from your worktop to the oven or grill. That is where metal pizza peels come in! They are the right tools to facilitate the transfer. First, roll your dough on a cold worktop surface and mold it into your required shape. Next, use a thin metal peel to pick the pizza wheel from the surface into the oven. And when the oven is well cooked, use the peel to remove the pizza wheel from the stove back to your worktop surface.
1. Question: How do you keep metal pizza peels without sticking?
Answer: Prep the dough on a separate surface and use flour or oil to coat your pizza peel. When the dough hits the peel, build the pizza quickly while shaking it periodically. Finally, use the back-and-forth motion to get the pizza off the metal peel.
2. Question: Can you cut pizza on a metal pizza peel?
Answer: Yes, you can. It’s also okay to serve the pizza directly from the peel. Only be careful not to damage the pizza wheel.
3. Question: Can I oil my metal pizza peel?
Answer: You don’t need to do so. The peel should be moisture- and grease-free to allow the pizza to slide off easily.
4. Question: How thick should my metal pizza peel be?
Answer: Start the pizza peel by raiding your scrap bin for offcuts of at least 2″ by 5/8″ by 3/4″ thick. Make the centerpieces about 30″ long and cut the outer pieces to a 19″ length.
5. Question: Why does my pizza stick to the stone?
Answer: Your pizza may stick on the peel or stone baking board because of various factors, including wet dough, the presence of a hole in your dough, or falling toppings from the oven.
Who doesn’t love home-made pizza? I bet no one! And so, whether you’re a newbie or a pro chef, you’ll need a quality metal pizza peel to bake great pizza. The peels will help you make your preferred pizza size, whether you’re looking for a thick, doughy crust or a thin, crispy base.
We hope this excellent metal pizza peel review was helpful!
All the best in your baking!
Jennifer D. Simon has spent the last 26 years studying and practicing nutrition science. She has used a larger part of this time in improving people’s livelihoods. She has done so by coming up with unquestionable ideas on how to tackle food problems in her community. Read More